Sunday, July 24, 2011

Video of Some Summer Verses


photo by creighton blinn
all rights reserved

A few weeks back, I read my poem "Day after May Day" at DDAY Productions' Summer Solstice celebration at the Yippie Cafe in Manhattan. We had a few difficulties that evening, though, as they say, the show did go on, thanks in large part to our hosts Puma Pearl and Big Mike (you can hear him for a moment when I exit the stage). As it turned out, however, this was DDAY's last event at the Yippie; the series is moving to the Bowery Poetry Club starting in August, and I know I am looking forward to the new home . . .

In addition, not only did my nestmate, TC, deliver a superb featured performance, but, she also served as model for the photo at left. Thanks, TC.

Thanks also to videographer, Joe Coppa for sticking it out with us throughout the reading. 

So, enjoy the video, and, as always, feel free to let me know what you think.    


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment