Friday, March 25, 2011

A Handful of Verses

So, I have been thinking over a few things, which I would like to share; I even jotted down some notes during the commute to work this morning, only now is not the time for lengthy ramblings.  Hopefully, you'll be hearing more from me over the weekend.  Until then, I wanted to share with you a poem.  It was the first piece of my verse to be published, and I would like to thank the good people at Scars for selecting it for their print magazine Down in the Dirt.  The piece may also be viewed on their website, http://scars.tv/cgi-bin/framesm.

What I Have Learned from Quiet Americans and Incensed Brits
Embrace doubt.
Revel in questions,
While being wary of answers—
Avoiding catch-all prescriptions
& most essentially:
Ignore idealistic preachers with simple answers
                                    (for their visions always ring hollow in the end).


My fellow Graham Greene devotees are correct in assuming that my title is a reference to one of his novels.  Regardless of literary allusions, however, I hope that you enjoyed the poem.  Good luck with your Friday, and pleasant plans for your weekend.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment